Moving away from the cloud Part II - Contacts
Moving away from the cloud Part I - Introduction
This will be an ongoing series to describe the steps I took to pull as much as possible of my stuff out of "the cloud" to regain control of my data.
The idea behind this is that with your own server, you can selfhost most of the stuff you …read more
urxvt BorderLess and Transparency
Small issue I encountered while trying to get a full background urxvt working:
If you want Transparency and BorderLess, you should not use transparent but instead background and set it to rgba:0000/0000/0000/0000 Now you get full transparency while having no borders. At least I had the …read more
Linux URxvt Terminal: Text under Cursor is invisible
today I hustled with the problem that the text my cursor was above went invisible, not matter which color I chose for it. The text always got the same color. What solved it for me was to uncomment the URxvt.font-line in my .Xresources so any of …read more
Diablo 2: LoD Access Violation Error
I had this Error and after ages of searching someone came up with the idea of mixed up languages. So if no "compatibilty" or "patch" suggestion helped you, then try checking wether you mixed up languages. This happened to me as I installed D2 in german from original CD but …read more
Slow DNS Requests under Ubuntu (or any Linux most likely) with WINS activated
Quick Post here.
I moved to Linux (Ubuntu) on my desktop system because I wanted to see how it evolved and how it performs in daily production. I'm kinda split between awesome native ssh support and so many great features and the drawbacks of it being not so pretty and …read more
Getting File Downloads from the Piwik API in PHP/Joomla
got a problem today where I have to track file downloads from a site. Since I got Piwik tracking them, I will use their API to get my information, saving me loads of work.
Piwik offers the possibilty to integrate it directly into your PHP Framework and use …read more
Getting the correct Joomla! 1.5 URL with SEF-Settings by using the API
New category: Joomla!
Since I use this CMS at work and also on my own pages, you can expect me to write about some problems I encountered during my work. Today's problem was getting a dynamic, correct URL no matter what SEF-settings are.
So here's the deal: I have some …read more
Using XBMC as your media-server
Okay so I tried many of those media-servers and some of them worked pretty nice. But there's one thing that was really bothering me: All of them were just UPNP but now I wanted to connect the PC directly to my TV so save the energy of the media-client (my …read more
MediaTomb as a UPNP Media Server
So XBMC failed. I would have to install X-Server and several other stuff and it is cleary not suited for a standalone upnp server. Maybe sometime in the future I will connect the box to my TV and use XBMC as my frontend. But unti then, I will go back …read more